FREE FRIDAY: Royal Ontario Museum (ROM)
The Royal Ontario Museum is a museum of art, world culture and natural history in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is one of the largest museums in North America and the
The Royal Ontario Museum is a museum of art, world culture and natural history in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. It is one of the largest museums in North America and the largest in Canada. It attracts more than one million visitors every year, making the ROM the most-visited museum in Canada.
Along with fresh new exhibits, ROM’s permanent collection includes around one million objects of art and culture gathered from around the world. With objects dating back to a range of time periods, from prehistoric civilization to present-day, visitors can explore the artwork, archaeology, fashion, and decor of ancient Asian, European, Greek, Roman, African, and Indigenous culture.
ROM holds Canada’s largest collection of natural history specimens, giving visitors the chance to explore an extensive treasure trove of findings. Perhaps the most alluring is the collection of gems that sparkle and shine as you walk through the gallery. Diamonds aside, if you’ve ever wondered what it’s like to have the fossil of a 200 year-old dinosaur tower over you, or what it’s like to walk through a bat cave, check out ROM.
Don’t forget to enjoy the views and look up when you’re at the museum—you just might find the ROM’s gorgeous mosaicked ceiling!
Fun facts about the ROM
- ROM was founded in 1914
- ROM is located on ancestral lands of several First Nations
- ROM’s courtyard is a public space where Torontonians can enjoy a garden and a view of the crystal-shaped facade
- ROM is the biggest museum in Canada
- ROM is the fifth biggest museum in North America
- The museum is home to more than 13 million objects, including artwork, fossils, cultural items and more
- The museum’s dinosaur fossils span hundreds of millions of years
(Friday) 1:00 pm - 3:30 pm
100 Queens Park
RSVPing is closed at this time.
Can not make it to this event?Change my RSVP